Dr. Michael Hyman, a board-certified urologist by the American Board of Urology, has been practicing adult urology for more than fifteen years. He is committed to excellence in comprehensive healthcare for men and women, in a partnership that honors patient's individuality and dignity. His approach involves understanding the patient's health care needs and implementing state-of-the-art techniques with compassionate care. Dr. Hyman received his medical degree from Cornell University (New York) and completed his urologic residency at New York and Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.
Following his residency, he completed additional training and gained expertise in urologic oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Dr. Hyman's urologic sub-specialty experience includes minimally invasive and robotic surgery, including pelvic organ prolapse; male infertility and erectile dysfunction; incontinence and other urinary-related issues; kidney stones; benign prostate enlargement; and cancers of the kidney, prostate, testicles, and bladder. In 2005, Dr. Hyman was a member of the steering committee at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center that resulted in the acquisition of the da Vinci Robot. Currently, he is that institution's Chief of Urology and is a member of multiple medical and urological organizations (see below). Dr. Hyman is married with 3 children and enjoys racquetball, hiking, and skiing.
Robotic Surgery for cancers of the prostate, kidney, and bladder; Extra-large Kidney Stones; Pelvic Prolapse conditions in women; Bladder conditions including overactive bladder and incontinence; Male Sexual Dysfunction; Laser Treatment of Kidney Stones, Soundwave Treatment of Kidney Stones, BPH (minimally invasive treatment of enlarged prostate)
- UCLA: BA in Economics
- Cornell University: Medical Degree, 1996
- New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer
- Center: Urology, 1996-2001; Chief Residency, 2001-2002
- American Urological Association
- Western Section American Urologic Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Providence-Tarzana Medical Center
- Providence-St. Joseph Medical Center
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- Encino Hospital Medical Center